January 8, 200917 yr comment_283999 Hi All, Does anybody have or is breeding this strain? My Pingu The links below are from the Malaysia Guppy Club: http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1232/022pingusv8.jpg http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5027/021pinguwt2.jpg Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_285812 I have this guy, Its a throwback from another strain but I'm now going to try and breed from him Report
January 19, 200917 yr Author comment_285863 I have this guy, Its a throwback from another strain but I'm now going to try and breed from him Paul, I have three remaining four month old virgin Pingu females if you want them. Report
January 19, 200917 yr comment_285866 Paul, I have three remaining four month old virgin Pingu females if you want them. Hi Cesarz That would be cool , i was just going to use young females from the strain he came from but your idea is better , thank you , can you bring them to the next club meeting ? Thanks Report
January 29, 200917 yr Author comment_287745 Here is what Luke Roebuck of the US says about his pingu's he is selling for US$40 a pair: This strain dates back to the late 1970's era when they were published in People magazine and sold for a record $200.00 a pair. Unfortunately, only a few were the top quality. Developed by David Liebman over a ten year period in the 70's, this guppy is a striking metallic half-pink color with a black to bronze belly. Alot of work was done to create this strain and many of the top guppy breeders best strains had been incorporated into the making of the Pingu. As a result the potential for making new strains from outcrossing the Pingus is infinite. This strain was basically lost in the USA for several years but thanks to our guppy friends at New England Fancy Guppy Association, some original stock was reobtained from an English breeder and the strain is now reestablished here in the USA. According to my international guppy friends, it is very hard to obtain, but now we have it in NZ. Report
January 29, 200917 yr comment_287758 Hi Cesarz , your two females have settled down well with my male so fingers crossed more nice pingus to come Thanks Report
January 30, 200917 yr Author comment_287917 Hi Caryl, Yes, Pingu is a cartoon penguin but the Pingu strain name came before the cartoon was named. The Pingu guppy got its name from the abstraction of PINk GUppy. Report
February 8, 200917 yr Author comment_289440 here's one of mine dont have females though Ask Aaron-Beta for females, he might have some. Report
February 8, 200917 yr comment_289536 Ask Aaron-Beta for females, he might have some. I think he doesnt have any left or any for sale Il ask Report
February 11, 200917 yr comment_290119 My x with a pure 1/2 black female are colouring up, I don't much like what I've got so far. There is a lot of blue/red tailed males. Surprisingly I didn't get high bred vigour, are the 2 strains closely related cezars? Think I'll just select the best female and breed back to my best pangu male and see what happens. Should I just cull them or would there be interest for them? Report
February 11, 200917 yr comment_290210 got a top quality female will try get some pics! she looks very similar to males colouring just more dull... Report
February 12, 200917 yr Author comment_290281 My x with a pure 1/2 black female are colouring up, I don't much like what I've got so far. There is a lot of blue/red tailed males. Surprisingly I didn't get high bred vigour, are the 2 strains closely related cezars? Think I'll just select the best female and breed back to my best pangu male and see what happens. Should I just cull them or would there be interest for them? The Pingu male and the HalfBlack Black female that I gave you were not related at all. Apparently, the Pingu should have two Pingu allelles (homozygous for pingu) for the Pingu to appear. So a cross of the daughters with the Pingu Male will do the trick. I will be interested as I havent done that cross yet. Report
February 12, 200917 yr comment_290289 Well you know where I live. Thanks A-town..., are you saying the back 1/2 colouration has appeared on a female? Report
February 12, 200917 yr comment_290410 Well you know where I live. Thanks A-town..., are you saying the back 1/2 colouration has appeared on a female? yes but died overnight didnt have chance to acclimatise properly kickin myself sooo bad now!!!!!!!!!!! Report
February 13, 200917 yr comment_290458 Mate, you were only kicking ya self, that sounded like something really special!! I think that as this mutation is homozygous it will appear again in someones tanks. Report
February 13, 200917 yr comment_290546 Mate, you were only kicking ya self, that sounded like something really special!! I think that as this mutation is homozygous it will appear again in someones tanks. reaally!!? damn it lol Will try to track more down it was awesome Im so guttered. I hate to say but my girlfriend told me it will shock n die so when I told her she rubbed salt into the wound :oops: :lol: Report
March 9, 200917 yr comment_294731 My pingu's have had their frist batch of fry today , pure pingu males with Cesarz's females , it will be interesting to see them colour up Report
March 9, 200917 yr comment_294815 The hardest part was having to spell it incorrectly to match Cezar's name :roll: :lol: Report
December 15, 200916 yr Author comment_344475 got a top quality female will try get some pics! she looks very similar to males colouring just more dull... Hey Luke, How are the Pingu's going? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.