Training Ze Fish

Stray

Not being that onto it about fish intelligence, can they be trained?

What I was wanting is just for them to react to a waggling finger at the top of the tank. Seen fish do it, but pretty sure it's just coz they're a guts :lol:

If I had a waggling finger at the top of the tank every time I feed them, would the association of finger = food register with ze fishies? And in due time a finger would bring them to the top of the tank in expectation of food?

Just a thought. It'd be cool to be 'loved' by my fish as they come to greet my finger :P

get mollies!

Seriously, that's exactly why I always wanted mollies - they're so sociable! They and their fishy kisses are a hit with every visitor (especially kids) I have; following a finger on the side of the tank or tickly nibbles on the fingers. No training, they just do it.

Here's a youtube clip I just took. They were fed not too long ago, so are a little more lethargic and less enthusiastic than usual, but still up for the kisses!

they even love to force themselves between fingers and glass, to the point where they struggle to get past, then turn right around and do it again.

They're just so much fun! :wink: