Austrolebias Nigripinnis

Barrie

There was nothing left but a stain on the fabric. I suspect the peat with its antibiotic and acidic qualities discourages bacteria. I also have not hatched any from another lot which were stored in a small plastc container rather than a plastic bag. It is early times but hopefully we will learn something from this wee excersise.

• 2 weeks later...

No that's not quit correct Barrie, I had them out side from one summer to the next wintering out side, yes with ice on top.

When I empted the the 60lt plastic rubbish bin they were in to take the peat out there were lots of eggs, but I don't know if they accusal spawned over winter.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just bagged up some peat from the ones i got of TM about 10-14 days ago

i will be keeping the bag in the fishroom which is about 28*c min but does sometimes go up to around 30*c with the lights on. How many weeks until i should wet the peat/eggs being stored at this temp?

These are the coolest killi that i have seen/kept

The last lot i hatched were after 8 weeks, looked for eggs and found a few ready so wet the lot.

I also got some peat that was collected in March 08 I hatched out some in Sept and Oct from memory. There was still eggs in there when i handed it off to someone else to have a try.

Its crazy how long they can last for.

The last lot i hatched were after 8 weeks, looked for eggs and found a few ready so wet the lot.

I also got some peat that was collected in March 08 I hatched out some in Sept and Oct from memory. There was still eggs in there when i handed it off to someone else to have a try.