tiger datnoid (borneo tiger)

phoenix44

hey everyone.. ive decided i want a few of these since im starting my tank all over. i was thinking of getting 3 of them since they are slow growers (ive been told)... never kept them before (unless you count the time i baby sat one in my tank) and have been reading a lot about them.

I have a heavily planted 4ft tank (200L) so that will be awesome for them. I also wanted an aro in there and a delhizi. but i know all these fish get huge, and so will pass on the fish when they get larger...

any how.. i need to EVERYTHING about the tigers, what they like, what they don't (nitrates), what they are prone to etc etc....

also what am I looking at paying for smallish ones between 4 - 8 cm?

what is the cheapest you have seen them go for?

many thanks oh wise people! :bounce:

what other fish? lol.. they all gone! :roll:

only got the apsitos which have a new house.

im going to skip the delhizi cause i just got told it will destroy my precious plants.

the aro was a dream... sigh.. i miss having aros. i wanted a tiny as aro though. like 5 cm. i can get one too i think.

edit - oh and i havent got the pictus yet.

will only get them if the tank can cope with the fish. :lol:

so basically looking at a 4ft with a few plecs and borneos.

200L wont last them long i you feed them right. Its hard passing on large datnoids.

Should be able to get them for $50-$100. If i had them again in the future id only keep one due to dominance issue's i had. Sucks when they dont colour up

ha ha i know. if i get them small enough though i can make sure they don't eat plants.

oh well. i will still get at least 1 borneo tiger. ideally at least 2.

so i still need to know everything about them, and ive already read soooo much about them!

does a dwarf datnoid exist? :lol:

im just imagining a group of them swimming through the plants! and so now i want. but i cant have fish that wont be rehomed fast.

i might get just 1 or 2 then.... hmm.. thanks hans, and dixon.

No

They wont swim through the plants like other fish, start with one

hey everyone.. ive decided i want a few of these since im starting my tank all over. i was thinking of getting 3 of them since they are slow growers (ive been told)... never kept them before (unless you count the time i baby sat one in my tank) and have been reading a lot about them.

I have a heavily planted 4ft tank (200L) so that will be awesome for them. I also wanted an aro in there and a delhizi. but i know all these fish get huge, and so will pass on the fish when they get larger...

any how.. i need to EVERYTHING about the tigers, what they like, what they don't (nitrates), what they are prone to etc etc....

also what am I looking at paying for smallish ones between 4 - 8 cm?

what is the cheapest you have seen them go for?

many thanks oh wise people! :bounce:

hey it's great to hear that someone else has the DAT addiction..they are fish with lot's of character..believe me in no time you will be wanting more dat's

you will need a lot patience as sometimes they take awhile to become stable and show their colours..very easy to care for all they need is good water and plenty of food.

i started out with 1x 8'indo tiger..about 6 months ago and now i've got 6x indo's and 2x american silver's..

and a 15" one will impress anybody that comes to your house, eh pixie

you sure got a awesome DAT tank...your old one is doing great he get's chased around a bit by the other two bigger one's but no serious damage..got him on shrimp and beef at the moment..man can he eat...give me a call if you are in the area.

• 3 weeks later...