courier issues

dude

all i wanna say is, i am extremely angry with someone at NZpost. just to let you know what happened heres the story. i bought a frontosa from ryanjury and organised shipping to be delivered on saturday. it clearly has urgent, overnight and a saturday delivery ticket stuck on it, and it was also track and traced. i waited until 9 am saturday then decide to call them and find out if they were gonna drop it off soon and they said they had no idea where the package was, i tried several different times with the same result, ryan also tried several times and we got nowhere, we tried until 2pm!, so we came to the conclusion that the package was lost, even though it was track and traced they couldnt tell us wat had gone wrong. then today my sister finds a polybox sitting outside the gate in front of the mail box with my name on it, the pricks had just left the box outside(next to the footpath!) for who knows how long without knocking on the door or even getting a signature :evil: :evil: . lucky ryan had boxed him up well and he survived being boxed from friday to today(monday). dont even wanna think about what the box went through on the way here. Damn you NZpost!! :evil: :evil:

the only reason we did a saturday delivery is because its the only day i get off and no is home until after 7pm on any other day so no one would have been there to sign for it, which they suppose to have done. i think it actually may have sat in a warehouse for the weekend as they said it had been put on a truck on friday but didnt know which one!

Don't NZ Post use NZ Couriers?

nz post use courier post, confusing if you ask me as i beleave its the same ppl/organisation that own them both but just listed as different companies, then to top it off the post offices and courier post depots around the country seem to have/think they have differant policies :roll:

nz couriers differant all together and have told me they wont pickup live things but will accept them if i take into there depot :roll:

if it wasnt alive i wunder if the service would still be so daft

courier post is a mix of dhl and nz post

from website

About us

CourierPost is part of Express Couriers Limited, which also encompasses the Pace, Roadstar and Contract Logistics brands. Express Couriers Limited is a 50/50 joint venture detween New Zealand Post and DHL.

well i got a note on my door on thurs saying i missed a package,and that they will redeliverd on sat(not fri)

i was thinking what could it be,i orderd bugs from biosupply but they dont need signiture and i orderd crickets off tm

so i thought #$&? the crickets will die

then after lots and lots of calling i talked them into coming back

mean while i clicked that i hadnt even paid for cricket yet so its not them

and in the end it was biosupplies with a stickers saying

"no signiture requird and leave by door in shaded area, live insects'

my point is they didnt leave it or read the package :evil:

lucky they brought it back and it was just mealworms

am glad that the front arrived safe and sound dude..

I am also very gutted that nzpost have done this again.. My main concern was the fact they couldn't tell us where the package was after being first contacted at 9am in 3 hours they couldn't tell us where the tracked package was so we could attempt to pick it up? To me that is terrible service and it is not the first time it has happened, we contacted them at 10am yesterday and they still had no idea where it was.. I can fully understand if it was a one off screw up but they shoudl still be able to track it and tell us what has happened or show some compassion, this is also the 3rd time this has happened to us with nzpost.

I am just glad that the fish made it safe and alive this time, however all future shipping will be going through nz couriers as we havce had nothing but good service with them. I am glad that I got those heavy duty bags and tie wraps and packaged the hell out of him :) The odds I would place on any fish surviving that (especially a big male front) are very slim.

hey ryan, yeah the bag you used was pretty heavy duty, very thick and well tied up. he is one tough fish though as he is already settled in and eating well and looks good. im still angry that the courier people didn't even bother and tried to tell me that shipping fish this way is cruel and she couldnt believe that we had shipped him that way.

just be warned people when shipping fish use some one well trusted by others who have shipped before, can all the people who do ship fish often let us know which is the best and most trusted company to use, would hate this to happen to someone else and end up with a dead fish, cheers

Great packing Ryan!

I use NZ couriers and out of the 50+ times I've sent fish this year have only had a couple of problems with late delivery. However I do know that they can not tell you where a track and trace package is, its really only a guess as I was told that a package sent to Motueka had been returned to Nelson when in fact the fish were already in the tank!

The second time it happened the package destined for out of Blenheim was left at the Auckland depot by mistake. When contacted by the purchaser they put it on another flight, and then had a taxi take it over 40km into the countryside to the house.

Both packages still arrived within 24 hours.

In saying that people sending fish do it with the purchaser knowing that they are taking the risk.

I wonder how many times say in the last 12 months, Fish have gone missing and died?

I would think that in most cases, 48 hours would be more than OK?

I know at Christmas, My fish dont get fed for at least a week and sometimes 10 days without a loss so its only water conditions that should cause a problem

Yes, I realise that its the specie of fish that may be able to take longer periods of being trapped in a plastic bag but I would guess that with enough water and 48 hour heat pad and double bagging, they should be fine for a couple of days?

I too have had bad service with courier post!!! The first lot of fish didnt arrive as they sat something heavy on the box and punctured the plastic container inside. It looks like they have done it again with the second lot. They are hopeless couriers that you cannot rely on. They take at least 2 days to send something between islands. Use nzcouriers for live fish.