lion mans in trouble again

Gannet

Who spends $2000 relocating to be a VOLUNTEER without an offer in writing? Seems pretty bizarre to me

I agree with the above. Think some of these people have been glamoured by the job and not really thought about the business end of things.

Maybe the show should be about the family rather than the animals - like the Osbournes or Kardashians. I am far from a star struck little girl but it is difficult to work out why Craig attracts quite the degree of venom from some people that he does.Or are there are a handful of individuals with personal agendas that stalk these boards, a bit sad really. And websites like this who are keen to condemn are being hypercritical by then using his name (and others) to attract people to the site. Slag off the celebs, but without them, no website. This is just gutter press on the net.

You've got to wonder just how much things get twisted through the press. The Media is a business, and anything they can use to sell (White lies or not) they will use. I dont personally know these people and im sure alot of you dont either, so it all comes down to chinese wispers huh.

Im on the fence :D

I agree with the above. Think some of these people have been glamoured by the job and not really thought about the business end of things.

yes some people are glamoured by the job, but when verbal promises are made (which is in itself a contract) they tend to feel sure of themselves

As far as the press is concerned these days, you can't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

yes the press do twist things to make a good story

ex business partners, ex investors, ex partner, ex workers, ex mother

ex plains a lot

Think he push's his luck with the big cat's too....... :o

he does push his luck

but no luck involved when the ones he works are declawed

does not go in cages with the wild pride

check out the first series where they throw meat to the cats and they can't hook it into the cage

yes i have trained and handled lions. tigers a leopard and bears

but no luck involved when the ones he works are declawed

Has he really had them declawed? That is sick :evil:

I remember as a teenager being horrified when I read that in China you could have your photo taken with a live tiger and it was safe because it had had its claws removed and some tendons and ligaments cut to remove any chance of it causing injury.

I cant believe we have some wacko over here doing it.

i have never seen that done in australasia before, but have seen a few done overseas

mainly with cats used for mixing with the public, claims to justify it were that it was safer for the public and stopped the cats from injuring each other when fighting

all cats use the front paws to pull an animal in, hold it then deliver a bite from the powerful jaws, usually a choke hold

they are just like housecats some are laid back and will never put a claw out while some will hook in as quick as look at you :D

the ability to understand the mood of the animal and not push it to the attack point is rare and even those training big cats for years have been caught

the 2 magicians siigfried and roy, being a prime example of a tame tiger,

playing up in the first show, then being used for another show a few hours later

he baulked at walking onto the stage so the trainer forced the issue with a tug on the chain

that cat turned on his handler so quickly that attendants were unable to react fast enough to stop it inflicting major damage from one bite to the neck

the trainer recovered but will never be the same again

one famous tiger handler had told his family that if he was killed by one of his tigers that they were not to kill the tiger as it would be his fault if he was killed not the tigers

he was killed by his favourite tiger

Mark; what you've said there is exactly why I don't agree with people trying to tame such animals. They are beautiful animals and skilled predators, and should be appreciated for that rather than trying to turn them into something they're not. All this talk of people bonding with them makes me laugh, if the lionman really bonded with them he wouldn't need to have them declawed....

hi people have a look on youtube at pet lion and theres a really cool pet lion that rememberd his owner after he was set free :)

yes chilli some animals are exceptional

like humans they all have different personalities

at least with an animal usually what you see is what you get :wink:

have seen some absolutely amazing animal handlers over the years but also some bad ones

some of these wild animals are up to 50 generations in captivity

spent 2 years living with either a tiger or a diabetic baboon in my caravan

got bitten by the baboon a few times when he was irratable from the diabeties

never got touched by the tiger, the only thing he would do is lay on me when we were fighting

he didn't like me pulling his whiskers

had me by the back of my head once but no pressure

I wonder how many generations it takes for something like that to become domesticated? :lol:

Still, our cat gets pissed off every now and then and digs the claws/teeth in, I certianly wouldn't want anything bigger doing it...

I remember reading about some place in Russia(iirc) domesticating foxes in some 20-30 generations. It was actually really interesting the huge change in psychology over the generations going from instinctive fear to instinctive like of people.

interesting animal psychology going on

i was wondering if all animals can be domesticated? (vaguely remember some lecture mentioning that horses were able to be domesticated while zebra weren't.... and relating it to things like what sort of society humans had in what areas of the world, depending on what they could domesticate)

some super interesting ideas (despite the exceptional vagueness of the remembering).

you need to talk to your lecturer, we had trained zebra in the circus

mind you though the stallions are worse than any thoroughbred

Ira the phsycology is interesting it mainly depends on the humans they have dealt with

to a tiger that had never seen a man before we are just easy meat

to a wild tiger that has been shot at before or driven in front of a beat we are to be avoided

most well treated animals like you when you are the sole provider of food

as david has said even your domestic cat can hook in sometimes

you can sometimes bluff a lion by running at it yelling

but you can't bluff a tiger or a leopard, probably the most focused and determined animals i have come across