Post some pics of you livebearers!

livebearer_breeder

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stooooooooooooooooooooooooooopid...

Unless I'm mistaken MAF officials can read an open web board as well as anybody else.

Seriously Shae, we don't want these things infesting our waterways down here. They cause absolute havoc for the environment here and exterminate all other species. How can fishkeepers like us expect MAF to become more understanding about our concerns if some of us put native species at risk by shifting around unwanted ones that pose a major threat?

I thought you wanted a challenge anyway. Gambusia don't look half as good as guppies, pose no challenge to breed, and you'll never get anything out of them except wasted tank space.

With the massive scale problems they cause, anybody who spreads Gambusia to another region deserves to be caught.

Forget about bringing them to Wellington. If they were going to be fed out to a big predator straight away it might not be so bad, but keeping and breeding them is another matter.

Maf is the crapest thing to happen to nz they suck they have no idea what they are talking about.For fish my dad was getting some pirana for the zoo and then they told him hes not aloud pirana as they might escape into the wild and ifest our waterways.For god sake pirana are tropical fish from the amzon basin and would never survive more than 2 nights even up here in auckland.The only way pirana could become in the wild would be at southern taupo.Maf also suck cause my dad had to get a IHS(inport health standard) for some birds to import and took three years to get this and then the zoo got $300,000 worth of birds going through quarrintine to come to nz from england and then MAF decided that they would not let them in what faggats i say

• 2 weeks later...

Back on topic here are some of the new plattie I bought, to introduce new lines.

NewPlatties.jpg

Platties.jpg

The new platties consit of a male and female that are blue with orange tails, and two females one blue with black tail and fins and the other yellow at the face fading through to black at the tail.

i have platy in my tank - i dont try to breed them i just let them go - the original ones i had were F = bright orange and M = deep red

they had babies and then passed and now i have their children breeding and i just find them in the tank - usually on the side my betta is on cos he not interested in them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...