Pictures of your Frog Tanks?

Rozski

hey enzoom

Nothing really new. Had my last exam on Thursday, and am at home in Hawkes Bay now visiting my parents.

Froglets still in the tube tank. Dumped a heap of fruitflies in there before I left so they are in heaven haha. I modified the background in my exo terra (added mossy bark to it) and have put the base stones in with a weed mat on but thats as far as I got. Need to dig up some suitable non fertilized soil from the yard and set it out.

Bought a varigated ivy and some babies tears from palmers. Nicked baby ferns and moss from across the road (shhhh) :lol:

I will post a pic when its up and planted 8)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here ya go, finally set it up tonight!

Not the best pic, as it doesn't show the slope or the pond in the front right corner very well, but will get better ones tomorrow

Terrarium.jpg

Decided against using the ivy, as everything is kind of NZ-ish, and its quite out of place looking :wink: Will keep an eye out for a suitable back climber I guess. And need something for on that wood in the back right.

Frogs have claimed the small wood in the middle, as it has a little cave lol

Thanks for the comments :D They're much appreciated. I had fun setting it up, I like creating natural environments. Need more frogs though :wink: mine have vanished effectively today lol

Question too... how long do tree frog tadpoles take to change to frogs, if they already have their back legs?

Yeah! got 6 whistlers from town, they have either just lost their tails or only have a stump remaining. So little froglets :D

Put them on the edge of the pond and they all crawled straight out and into the moss:

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7076.jpg

and a crappy photo of an adult i took the other night:

IMG_7039.jpg

Looks grainy because it was very dark and high iso. My partner played with it a bit to lighten it up.

I hope the littlies learn to catch fruitflies soon :lol: