White worms - what is the best medium to

Sweetysmum

use for them. I have heard about peat and also spent potting mix - what would be best. And, sorry for the dumb question, what does "spent" potting mix mean if thats the best option. What would i look out for to make sure i have got the correct potting mix. What brand would be best?? Thank you so much.

probem with compost is the worms feed of it therefore not so hungus for what u feed making them less easy to harvest.

good thing about compost is if you neglect it they can live for months, I had some old polyboxes outside for neally a year and started feeding them agiain last week and sure enough they still in there :)

for best results though imo something without any food in it to begin with is best but you have to kp ontop of the feeding in order to get them thriving like anything though you get back what ya put in ;)

i have just started a culture with potting mix but have started to see small white ant things i round the food i add. the whit worm still seem to be ok and the fish eat the ants but just wondering if they could have come in with the potting mix i used?