Yay altum spawn

Olly

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt believe how fast they grew. They get fed mostly wardleys gourmet tropical flake with bloodworms or beefheart every 2 or 3 days. Water change every day if I can.

They are still guarding the eggs well, although they have trust issues with each other :lol:

They are easily my best looking fish

I havnt successfully raised angels yet, although I have tried 3 times. Whats the easiest way to make them live?

people used to say that there is a certain bacteira(???) or something that lived on an angel that was not good for discus... that and the aggression thing... but honestly... i dont know of any one (maybe im wrong) who has lost a discus because the angel attacked it.... plus yours have grown up together too...

discus are a lot hardier than are given credit for.. perhaps there is a strong corellation between the price of the discus and how hardy people think they are, lol... think about it...

PS - I'd like to see these fish sometime olly! :D 8)

Phoenix44 you're welcome to come see them anytime you like, as is anyone else thats interested :)

I think it makes the discus feel safer cos they are in a bigger group, instead of being a group of 7 (number of discus) they feel like they are in a group of 13 (6 angels in with them) = happy discus. They have grown faster since I put the angels in with them

thought it was parasitic fluke that Angels give Discus?

meh guess for me it was if you had Discus why would you bother with Angels, besides you shouldn't have just one Discus on their own - should at least have 5 or 6.

what are the differences between Altums and Peruvians? they seems quite similar..is it just the width of the stripes?