Anyone know of a frog hunting spot?

My local petshop gets frogs in for around $15 each. I remember catching them about 20 years ago and loath to pay the shop for something I enjoyed doing I went a-catching last week...

Unfortunately, after 20 years of abandonment my spot has not become overgrown with gorse and the swamp itself is just a mess of leafy weed. There is water but it isn't the murky frog-loving place I remember.

So can anyone share places they have seen frogs in any abundance recently. I know frog spots are best kept secret so just send me a msg if you like and I'll keep your spot on the low-low and not over exploit it! :)

I had a look in a few culverts and stock pools on the way down from New Plymouth this weekend and found places rife with dragonfly, guppies and waternymph but no sign of tadpoles or frogs...

I have wheels and this Thursday off so if anyone knows of a spot anywhere from Wairarapa-Wellington-Otaki let me know. No 4WD so nothing stupidly remote...!

I used to have the big green bell frogs and I think they are the only types we get here in Wellington.

the best place near chch is definatly little river went there a few weeks ago there was a teeny tiny pond thingy and it was aqbsolutly loaded with them a friend who lives close to little river took some and made 90$ selling them for 1.50$ each with jars for another 1.50$