How to wire t8 fluorescent?

Dixon1990

:-? I'm scared for you...I got electrocuted from the mains on Friday (apparently water and electricity don't mix) and it hurt so bad...if you don't know what you're doing, please get someone to check it who does know before you plug it in.

:bounce:

:-? I'm scared for you...I got electrocuted from the mains on Friday (apparently water and electricity don't mix) and it hurt so bad...if you don't know what you're doing, please get someone to check it who does know before you plug it in.

:bounce:

Im not too scared of those shocks anymore :lol:

I have shocked myself from mains 2 time in the last year,

1 time with the insinkerator thing

and 1 wiring a filter :lol:

wear thick rubber gloves and gumboots, lol.. you'll be safe as... lol..

then again, if you don't think you can wire it, get someone who knows how to do it, and make them wire it for you...... lol

zapping yourself isn't very nice... I was knocked out for about 20 minutes when i was a kid.... i used to love playing with wires, lol...

(still do)... =)

i agree with alan, if you have been shock 2 times mayb not best to try for a 3rd.

as for getting your fingers burnt imsmith are you running a rcd in your house?

Don't know what a rcd is :oops:...a adapter broke apart in a multibox, and I tried to get it out (stupidly without turning off the power) and dropped it. My hand touched the metal bits as I was catching it and clamped round the multibox, and it zaped me and zaped me, then melted and started smoking :o

Now I turn off things and unplug them when I'm planning on touching metal.

Hi All

In my "QUALIFIED" opinion you must earth all of the fitting if there is any metal used in the light.

The starter you will need for a tube up to 24 watts is an "S2" , and for anything above that you will need an "S10"; plus you need one per tube.

The wiring "WILL" be a minimum of 1mm single stranded conduit wire, but I recommend you use 1.5mm.

EARTH WIRES ARE TO BE GREEN OR GREEN/YELLOW ONLY.

Good luck and keep the gumboots and rubber gloves on. :lol: :lol:

:bow:

Gee guys I really cant wait to see the post "Great Fish Keeper R.I.P." you guys are retarded.

"hahahaha I got a shock, I lived I'm not scared"

It takes bugger all to stop your heart beating and the burns you get from electricity are 3rd degree.

For those of you who don't know what that means, basically the flesh is cooked and.dies, you will typically get an in and an out burn, which is what will be visible, it may not hurt because the nerves are dead. What really sucks is the damage which happens to the tissue between the burns when that starts to rot.

You can be a dead man walking and not know it with electrical shocks.

USE A SPARKY :evil:

Dicks :roll: