Announcemet - Bryan Harvey

Warren

Such sad news :( Bryan was a lovely guy who helped us out heaps with reefkeeping as we were learning (not to mention fishkeeping in general), he will be sorely missed.

When we first started with reefkeeping Origin Aquatics was a frequent port of call for advice and gear. Bryan was always kind, extremely helpful for a couple of newbies, and friendly to chat to, an all round good bloke who had such dedication to the hobby.... Ken and I would like to pass on our sincerest condelences to his family and friends. RIP Bryan.

oh no! this is excruciatingly sad. it appears things got on top of him and he saw no way out with the loose ends that he had. clearly in his posts he had issues going on and it's a pity we couldn't have been more constructive to help him through. though i know this is always a reaction to events like this. it is a real shame he couldn't work through it as he indicated he was trying to in his recent posts. at least now finally he can heal on the other side. he had good technical knowledge and i was impressed at how he'd set up his fishroom. he also made high cost fish such as cardinal and rummynose tetras more accessible to people despite the critics.

i agree with you luke, he was a exteremely capable fishkeeper,infact, he designed my 6ft setup, helped me to get things at a low cost yet remained effective. i used to drive 40 minutes to his shop, most of the times just to have a chat. he will be missed, not only as a fish keeper, but to me, also as a friend.

My name is Leeanne. Our daughter Kally had been Bryans girlfriend for quite some time - they were very close. Bryans passing has come as a dreadful shock to all our family. We had the privilage of having Bryan living with us in Auckland where he became like one of the family. He was a gental soul with a great passion for his fish breeding & the Hurricanes Rugby team.

Kally & all our family would like to extend our thoughts & prayers to his Mum , Dad & brother Steven.

Kally has read the messages posted but is unable to make her own response at this time.

Leeanne , Paul , Kally, Morgan & Campbell