oscars

fulloc

Could be asking for trouble with that big a size difference. Then again it may be fine as the bigger one won't see them as a threat. Give it a go but be ready to separate them.

*edit* and yeah, that is a short-term arrangement, tank is too small for more than one oscar.

Personally I don't think your tank dimensions are big enough to house anything more, may pay to upgrade size of tank if you are wanting to get more fish. Do you mean a pair of JD as in male/female? All hell could break loose if they eventually pair up.

haha. ive had plenty of fish so know what im doin just never had such a big oscar before.

im not intereted in a JD anymore, was just an idea. i had a look in a few shops today when i wen to auckland to get my oscar and think i may just get an eel of some sort or a smallish jag. he was in with 4 or 5 smaller fish in his old home.

i want him to be comfortable but im not interested in getting a new tank as mine was built for me by my father, i will just keep it minimally stocked, he has plenty of room to turn etc at the moment and my research tells me he wont get too much bigger. if he does il let him move on to a better home.

isnt he cute :lol:

IMG_7357.jpgIMG_7356.jpg

does anyone have any experience keeping oscars in a bare bottom tank? as they are so messy i would like to keep it bare so it stays clean but dont want him to suffer for not havng stones to dig through.

was considering running my filter outlet through an undergravel filter.

any thoughts?