Raphael

Olly

Caper, I got Raphael from Phoenix, the video was taken in my tank.

Its <4mm pumice. Its pretty much sand, just heavier and doesn't get stirred up every time something moves.

Why should they only be on sand?

Hmmm Olly, I can't remember where I read about them but I didn't mean they should only have sand. I thought I read that they like to bury themselves in it. When I have more time I'll see if I can find the spot I read it :-?

Caper

do they come out often? i havnt seen mine since i bought it 4 months ago...

I have found that the more hiding places I provide, the more both the talking catfish and the BGK come out. the pipe things they live in are great, they go from one to the other all the time and cruise the tank looking for food several times a day

Hmmm Olly, I can't remember where I read about them but I didn't mean they should only have sand. I thought I read that they like to bury themselves in it. When I have more time I'll see if I can find the spot I read it :-?

Caper

I have sand in my tank and all my old CTC would do was shuffle the substrate around and make a little 'hollow' in a corner, then sit in it. It was almost as if he were making a little nest. Either way it disrupted my plants, hence why I no longer have him. :lol: Never saw him try and bury himself though, interesting...

• 2 weeks later...

Foxjxa, maybe that's all it is they like to shuffle in it and make like you said a nest. I'll be darned I can find the site I read about them. I'll eventually find it but maybe I misread and it was just that they like the sand to burrow in :-? :-?

Caper