wanted zebra plecs

panaque

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there ... I doubt anyone would sell you one as they aren't exactly the most common of fish. Your LFS in Chch are the best place to start making enquiries. We looked into it while down there and may yet be tempted. Extremely helpful and great variety to choose from. Hubby is very hooked on exotic type catfish! :o Best of luck in your search for a bargain!

:o You sure yuo want to get some of these :o

last time a mate of mine enquired the price given was anywhere between $300-$400 per fish!!! (just depended on how easy they were to get at the time)

Redwood used to have some at $180, but that was a while ago, and im not sure if they can still source them, or have them.....

It's a lot of money for these extremely beautiful fish...One would hope that you are a well accomplished fishkeeper before rushing out to buy them (as i have heard they arent the easiest of Plecs to keep, and BREED for that matter)

ChrisMack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i do not know where hollywood get there fish from but sofar they are the best deal rounf for zebbies jansens told me between 700 -1000 each and i had to get 12 at least ...same day and a few calls later hollywood cam in with the cheapest price of about 280 no min order

um dan i hope you arnt going to just buy one as that would be rubbish and would not help new zealand in getting them going.The export of these from the amazon is stopped as they are goin to become extinct in the wild as the trbutury(spelling) they live in is becoming a dam and these fish will either become seriously endangered or extinct and are going on the cites list next year.The only ones that are available are from riverwonders at us$115 each and they have 400 also you can get them from breeders in europe and america so that is why so expensive and there not that easy to cath either i hear.Be carful though as you might get a abundant group or only males as males are for some reason easier to catch, who knows why?

I think there is someone in new zealand breeding them, so I am going to wait untill they rear a batch. I feel it is more equitable to buy captive bred fish than condone importing an endagered (or getting) species as i'm sure everyone does. Although would be interested in trying to breed them if there wasn't anyone in New Zealand breeding them

• 2 weeks later...

sue and craig use to breed them but lost the breeders due to old age, i saw them today and we talked about them breeding them again and i dont think they want to again as they said the buzz was great but they need lots of work and you only get a few babies a time and they take 6months + before you can sell them .

but sue is getting back into breeding and is looking at doing it full time again so you never no