October 13, 200817 yr comment_267646 Have look at these ones! Very special looking locality with their black bands. Can anyone guess from where they are? I can honestly say, that I have never seen anything like this, before I took these pics where they occur in the wild! Pics taken in a small minizoo! P Report
October 13, 200817 yr comment_267662 What a shame we aren't allowed to keep them here, and DoC killed them all... :roll: Report
October 13, 200817 yr comment_267667 and DoC killed them all... :roll: Correction - MAF what are the reptike keeping laws in your country peterj? Report
October 13, 200817 yr comment_267682 meh, doc, maf, erma, they're all just bureaucrats to me... :lol: Report
October 13, 200817 yr comment_267685 What you are forgetting is that the laws are made in parliament by the politicians you elect (and soon can toss out or re elect) The bureaucrats only do what the politicians direct them to do by the laws they make. This being the case, the time is fast upon us to ask out prospective politicians what their views are before the elections. The politicians love it when people run around blaming the bureaucrats because no one is then asking them which way they voted in parliament so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions. Report
October 13, 200817 yr comment_267687 Why does MAF have to kill illegal stuff? Can they not just return to the country of origin? Report
October 14, 200817 yr comment_267714 I think we need to talk to TV3 - I want that question asked in the leader's debates - "What is your stance on allowing more exotic fish, birds and reptiles into New Zealand?" Report
October 14, 200817 yr comment_267759 good idea imsmith any one brave enough to email the question through? Report
October 14, 200817 yr comment_267834 I'll place a bet on them coming from...let's see....Palmerston North..... Report
October 14, 200817 yr comment_267856 I'll place a bet on them coming from...let's see....Palmerston North..... Report
October 14, 200817 yr Author comment_267895 Amazing! So beautiful. So where are they from peterj??? Still havent heard any guessing! Only something about Palmerston north, that I dont understand... P Report
October 14, 200817 yr comment_267903 it is a kiwi reptile keepers joke you would have to live here to understand your interest in wildlife laws in nz must have had you following the iguana threads on here Report
October 14, 200817 yr Author comment_267909 it is a kiwi reptile keepers joke you would have to live here to understand your interest in wildlife laws in nz must have had you following the iguana threads on here I have followed most threads, but still cant recall Palmerston. Doesnt really matter, and not planning to go thru the threads again! Aruba is incorrect. On the small island they are from they are very threatened and now only live in the north east corner. P Report
October 15, 200817 yr comment_267988 i went to los angeles to play in a hockey tournament & one of the teams playing had an iguana like the green one as its mascot, it was on a harness that looked like it was for a toddler. It was about 6 foot long including its tail. Freaky to see for a teenager from Northland Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.