September 23, 200818 yr comment_263989 My wood has green hair algae on it looks yuk. Don't want to use chemicals so wondering what algae eaters or cat fish I can put in with discus. Report
September 23, 200818 yr comment_263993 Go with Bristle noses/ GBAs as they won't harrass the Discus like Siamese or Chinese/Golden algae eaters when bigger, the hairier stuff may need more than just that though- can you remove the wodd and dry out or boil, see if you can rid of some. Report
September 23, 200818 yr comment_264034 I have both flying fox and bristle nose with mine and they all get on sweet Report
September 23, 200818 yr comment_264037 I would recommend Otocinclus. Very non aggresive, they stay reasonably small and do not damage plants Report
September 23, 200818 yr comment_264040 don't think any of the fish mentioned will get rid of the hair algea for you. Only way will be drying or boiling it as mentioned or chemical (algea fix) treatment. Just through experience, ron Report
September 23, 200818 yr Author comment_264112 thanks everyone. Can't believe how much algae on the wood its only been in there for 3 weeks :evil: Algae fix is that safe for the discus? I'll probably also get a bristle nose and couple otocinclus for ongoing maintenance Report
September 24, 200818 yr comment_264160 Yes, it is safe and doesn't bother the discus when I used it on mine. ron Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.