My new CT Betta male - Pics

MarkLB

nice mate i like it :wink:

Me too. I wasn't sure I'd like the colour until I saw him. He looks great cruising his tank 8)

He's pretty much identical to my new male - a nice fish. I have a 3 day old spawn from my male crossed to a red full ct *EDIT* :wink:fe-male so I can't wait to see what the offspring look like.

I'd like to find a female of the same colour as my male but if I can't I'd put him with a red CT so I'm interested to see what you get with your cross. Please post pics when they're old enough to show their colour.

• 4 weeks later...

all tail types are originally from plakat type bettas (wildtype)

Through selective breeding came longer fins (VT's) then the likes of halfmoons and crowntails were developed. Then through more selective breeding halfmoons developed into deltas and super deltas, then the most common genetic deformity of halfmoons came about - halfmoon Double Tails. Same with the Crowns, through selective breeding, there is now single rays, double rays and Baloog ray or 'King crowns' (i think thats what its called- memory is a bit fuzzy atm) when the rays cross over each other.

Question:- When did the first cts appear?

Hi. I have a book here, 'Aquarium Care of Bettas' by David E Boruchowitz which states..."Asian Betta breeders first produced crown tails at the end of the twentieth century"...end quote..... so they're relatively new to the hobby.

Is it just me?? The link isn't working for me :( All I get is.....

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.