Juwel or AquaOne?

eileencarr

Hi, I am looking at buying a new aquarium. This time I want a full setup like a Juwel or AquaOne. Does anyone have experience of both of them. I like the Aquaones as the filter is in the lid and doesn't take up tank space like the Juwel ones. The Juwels have T5 lighting, whereas the Aquaones don't. Anyone got an opinion as there are things I like about both.

i've had both, personally i prefer the juwels, they seem less plasticy than the aqua ones. I dislike the trickle filters in the aqua one hoods as they can be a bit noise, i'd rather run an external canister filter. You don't have to use the internal filter box in the juwels, you can just leave it out of the tank and instead run the filter externally.

lights can be upgraded on the juwel, you can either buy the additional light upgrade or take the top fo the lights off completely and use suspended lighting above the tank (eg Metal halides) which you can't do on the aqua one becuase they are inside the hood.

Ive recently moved to the Waikato from Northland. I had 4 big tanks u there - a 5ft malawi tank and a 4ft dscus tank being my favourites. I sold them before I moved down as it was going to be too hard to move them all that way. I really miss my tanks and fish and need another tank, but this time I am sticking to one tank and not progressing again to mts. I also have limited room in this new place so I want one really nice tank, which is why I am looking at the aquaone and the juwel tanks. I definitely don't want a noisy filter, but I also don't want to start changing things. I want a good tank that comes with everything and does a good job with filtering and lighting.