royal plec pics

flatfish

What a difference a year makes. I've been away off and on for almost a year and a few friends have been fish-sitting. I picked some of my plecs today and was a little shocked by my goldline royal. In just over a year its grown from 11.5 cm to 18.5 cm. Hopefully it'll be well over 20 cm in another year.

2436281940100841066S425x425Q85.jpg

before

2282585590100841066S600x600Q85.jpg

2934696700100841066S600x600Q85.jpg

after

Nice fish! :)

Are you sure they are the same fish because the markings are different! :)

Lucid

Thanks. :lol: I only have one royal. The first pic is of the juvenile patterning. As they grow the lines divide so they become more striped. The other pics are of the same fish getting the adult colour pattern.

The fish is really quite docile compared to my other plecs but its certainly the boss of the tank. I can hold him on my hand easily and even with the other plecs they very rarely move.

wow i have two at 5cm and cant waite until they are 30cm ay.

VERY unusual growth, normally 1-2'' per year...

It will really slow down now.

Yeah I'd been told they were slow growing. This one has a very healthy appetite and is in great nick so you never know. I certainly wasn't expecting that sort of growth.

Dixon - they can apparently grow over 30 cm, perhaps even to 40 cm. When they get big they are the shape of a football with a small tail so the best is yet to come :D