August 13, 200818 yr comment_257134 I just bought it 3 days ago. Yesterday i went and bought some floating granuels for its being a top dwelling fish, he tryed one then spat it out. Why wont it eat? Report
August 13, 200818 yr comment_257135 Try live foods that will float on the top of the water...other things to try are freeze dried mysis shrimp/krill etc that float, I've found the freeze dried mysis to be particularly good for fussy fish. Report
August 17, 200818 yr comment_257970 When I kept mine I found that store bought cockroaches were the best (not too big though) and they always seemed more keen on eating them without too much hassle. If you don't have a lid on the tank you will want to kill them first to keep them from jumping out, even still mine would sometimes try to escape via the filter, although with the butterfly you should have a secure lid anyway as they are jumpers on there own. Other live bugs will work too. The butterflies can sometimes be shy in a new environment and can be a little reluctant to eat at first. Mine still very rarely touched the floating pellets preferring the live. Report
August 28, 200818 yr comment_260013 My butterflyfish eats hikari floating carnivore pellets and flies. hope this helps Report
August 30, 200818 yr comment_260397 Mine eats floating ciclid pellets but I've got to throw them into the water to make a little splash. I guess its simulating the splash of insect prey. They only want one per day though. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.