First Tank: Want to set up for Koura & Shrimp

Romeo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Back from Hanmer, but unfortunately we couldn't find any Koura. Spent an hour or so lifting rocks in the pond/stream up there but no luck.

We went back about 8pm, but as we were getting out of the car there was a freaking big feral dog outside there barking at us! So as you can tell we high-tailed it back to the hotel room and hid in bed.

I'll phone the Divers in Alexandra and see if they can help me out.

Update

Back from Hanmer, but unfortunately we couldn't find any Koura. Spent an hour or so lifting rocks in the pond/stream up there but no luck.

We went back about 8pm, but as we were getting out of the car there was a freaking big feral dog outside there barking at us! So as you can tell we high-tailed it back to the hotel room and hid in bed.

Bummer dude. I really thought youd get one there.

Oh well keep trying

• 3 weeks later...

The plant in the koura tank here at southern encounter is actually plastic though it does get bent around by the little sod a bit :-) we actually feed them on koura pellets(the same stuff they fatten them up on in the farms) most of the time but of late ive been throwing in some of that stuff they wrap around sushi forget what its called. also some mussel from time to time. as for the shrimp they have been in there for a good year we had a few hundred downstairs so i figured id put 20 or so in and none have been nailed so far.