hi there

rene

hi everyone

im a new member from nelson

i have been keeping fish for about 22 years and i breed a few cichlids

angels , severums , geophagus and trying my hand at some discus at present .

my fish are kept in a fish room where i have 33 x90litre tanks plus 1x200litre and a 500 litre tank

i keep all sorts of fish including tyre track eels , mudskippers, africans, tetra etc

i like fish that are unusual and rare.

Welcome Rene,

Good to have someone else that's into the 'unusual and rare' - though most of mine seem to be catfish.

So what's your favourite fish (that you currently have) that falls into the oddball category?

the largest eel is about 15-20cm long (unsure of sex) and with him are 2 yellow tailed spiny eels of about 7 cm each

my favorite odd ball is a 8month old gold giant gourami which grows at a huge rate

and as for cats i have a few odds and sods of those too

bangos , whip tails , schwartz cory , san jauns , havent ventured into the real expensive ones yet but would like to

i have a gold giant gourami too! mines about 3 months old but doesnt appear to have grown a lot, I account this to the fact that he is a minor fish in the tank- no one messes with the siamese tiger. I have a fire eel, very nice fish.