Baby oscar the pig

bulldogod

Im not surprised they have a big mouth.Iwas nearly tempted to get one myself today.They wanted thirty dollars for a plain one.Im pleased i did not have the money on me.But i will be getting some.I have had them before and they are lovely.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Juvenile Oscars will predate on anything that moves and anything that will fit in their mouths, even at a squeeze... They are amazing... I had some young Surinamensis grow ons in a bare bottom holding tank, reasonable size, and 2 slightly smaller size Oscars in there also... just to hold them all till tanks were ready for both species to go in their own tanks... well hmmm yeah it would help to have some young Surinamensis left to actually go in the tank :roll: I caught one of the Oscars, trying to cram a Surinamensis down his gullet, a real tight squeeze and I had to end up removing the fish from his mouth or there would have been a problem otherwise :roll:

Lesson learned: Don't trust Juvenile Oscars with anything that moves :lol:

What colour oscars do you have?.I was nearly temped to do the same as you and put them with my other fish and im glad i didnt.They grow quite fast and produce a lot of waste.But they are lovely fish and will eat out of your hand.