Rotoiti snow

Caryl

Gorgeous photos!

Ira, do you have any photos to post up of the snow in UH?

There was probably about 7-8mm more after I took this pic.

Censored to protect the wifey who might not be impressed with me posting a picture of her in her bathing suit... :P

blizzard2.jpg

What did Mutt think about the snow?

She love snow, she was running around chasing snowballs and rolling in it.

First time she saw snow was about 2 years ago when we took her to Mt Lyeford. She immediately jumped in the snow and started skidding around in it and eating it.

On the way home we stopped and let her have a run on a beach somewhere north of Kaikoura. She thought, "Oh cool! Grey snow!" And tried to eat it...She decided she doesn't like the taste after one mouthful.

Ah yeah, she's not too big. Pretty average for a bitch, yeah? Nice weight IMO, our American Bulldog is ~42 and I'm quite happy handling him but I don't know about a 65kg dog like one of the male Malamutes who comes into work. As much as I drool over giant breeds :lol:

OK, back on topic :bounce:

I don't think Malamutes are considered a giant breed, they're just a large breed.

She's not hard at all to handle...Well...At least she can't drag me around. Just yell at her and thump her on the head and she looks like she's going to cry.

Of course, I pat her harder than I have to smack her... Heh. When it was snowing I went out and grabbed some snow, she barked at me and ran off to hide. :)

There is nothing wrong with 65kg of Mutt.... Providing it has a brain. Ours did not - well if he did, he hid it well!

Most people make the mistake of thinking a dog is dumb when it's actually quite intelligent, it just doesn't want to do what the stupid owner wants.:)

Most people make the mistake of thinking a dog is dumb when it's actually quite intelligent, it just doesn't want to do what the stupid owner wants.:)

True, but when our Mutt saw another male dog, testosterone kicked in, and brains went out the window!

Very cool pictures and the cutest dog.

I grew up at Lake Rotoiti and I can tell you it never snowed when I was there just lots and lots of hail. Many years ago.

Where abouts do they stay at the lake? We now use my old house as our batch although havent been down in a while