Swallowtail, Ribbobfin, Crowntail guppies

cesarz

Better continue with this from another post:

Cesarz, which fish carries the crowntail gene, male or female?

I have a few crowntail males, and would like to breed some more.

Zeb,

The gene is autosomal (not sex-linked) so it can exist on both male and female. I use the females to make more swallowtails (crowntails) and have never used the males, I now have about 60+ swallowtails. Check these girsl out!

RibbonFemaleGrp.jpg

And the boys.

Boys.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi Zev, I have a boy just like the one in the 3rd pic (except my guy's tail isn't quite as long yet) that shot out randomly from one of my first batches. The parent's didn't really look like that but the female did have a black/yellow patterned tail.

What would you call his look?

Cheers.

:o how did you loose them all!!!! (one of the reasons you don't keep everything to yourself ;))

You can loose them from breeding as the males cannot breed. It is still in my genepool but has not come out recently.

I gave heaps to other people that's why I'm posting this to find out if they still have them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cesar

Rox has got plenty of ribbon fin as you can see on her postings. if you got some turtle tucker from the shops you will get lots of swallow tail to cross with them. Adventually you will breed swallow tailed ribbon fins.

ZANE

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

I have lost all my Swallowtail guppies, does anyone still have them?

Chhers,

Cesar

Still got some & population should explode in the next few weeks. Will be plenty for you if interested. Your strain Peacock x Rex Peacock, Some strains I been working on Swallow tail

the fishtank Red S/S with Albino RED x peacock Ribbon fin swallow tail.