Love the Camo!

Afrikan

Here is a new tank mate.. in our cold water marine.. we are setting up a cold water marine, large tank towards the end of the year, so we have a smaller tank running with a few creatures that we have acquired...

Here is one of them that we acquired.... while out rock pooling.... I reckon he is pretty unusual alright with his camo and all.. :lol: Sorry the pic is a bit blurry, the tank had been stirred up a wee bit, will take some clearer pics today... :D

P1050715.jpg

put in plastic plants cabomba etc and he will glue them to himself :D

:D

And yeah VinsonMassif they are cool, there are just so many critters out there, that are just drool material :lol:

Can't wait till we have the tank done by the end of the year, it is going to be around 300 litre plus.

:D Well I guess it is a small one considering how big I really do want to go, we are going to be running a chiller unit on the tank 8) Tank is going to be in the lounge so wouldn't get away with keeping a sump outside and we don't have a basement :lol: :lol:

Wicked pics Mystic, thanks 8) Is that your crab? My guy seems alot different... he seems to have stripped large nippers, different in colouration I am pretty sure.. will get some pics tonight. He seems to love noshing down on food... pretty happy to keep him, he is going in a much larger tank. Some marine literature had referred to them as garden crab... wonder if it is just a case of typical common names :roll: 8)

Yeah I can well imagine :lol: At least in Napier we are lucky to have the National Aquarium, a couple of staff members there are excellent when it comes to native marines.... have already picked their brains a couple of times already.. 8)

:D Have certainly picked alot of brains in the past :lol: And continue to do so :lol:

Have just informed hubby that we need underside shots of the crab... close ups... he has just got in from work and met with the task of grabbing crab chops later... joy :lol: He already got a piece of crab nipped imbedded right into his finger yesterday while out rock pooling, gee they can go in a fair way, this big broke off to... :lol:

• 1 month later...