Heater failure!

Cheesejawa

Woke up this morning to find the heater in my 34litre had broken and it was down to 14 degrees! :evil:

It was the worst possible time as there is about a foot of snow on the ground right now.

I quickly did a water change with warm water and its now up to about 22.

I have lost all 5 of my neons and the head and tail light tetra isnt looking good. :(:( I am very sad about their deaths.

The heater is still broken I think so I need to keep the tank warm. Any things to do to keep the temperature up? I will turn the heater in the room on.

I know how you feel Cheesejawa.

I just got back from a four day holiday in Auckland, with a new tank for my Geo's.

Unfortunately the heater came unplugged(im blaming the cat and cheap multibox from red shed). :evil: :evil:

Lost two Large Geos and one huge otto.

Im not a happy chappy at the moment.

Also for future reference, be very careful adding warm water to cold as the sudden change in temp can kill the already stressed fish. Better to do as mentioned above in previous post and wam gradually.

Sorry for your loss :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Actually, I went out there today and he was open which was great as we were getting low on fish food but $120 later we are well stocked and have 13 Neon tetra as well! :lol: But fish wise he has almost no stock so if you want anything you still have to go out of town.

Actually, I went out there today and he was open which was great as we were getting low on fish food but $120 later we are well stocked and have 13 Neon tetra as well! :lol: But fish wise he has almost no stock so if you want anything you still have to go out of town.

You wouldnt happen to have seen the price of heaters?

Think they started @ $30, didn't pay too much attention, did notice the Jaeger was $66 but didn't notice the watts. What do you need? I've got 5 spare heaters here including 2 new 50w heaters that I'll probably never use as they're too small for my tanks. They're not the flashest brand but they would do you until you can afford a new one, better than using something unreliable that may freeze or cook your fish. Anyway, the offer is there.