stupid filter!!!!

farmchick

This has the makings of a great YouTube video!

By the way Spider, are you sure you're a boy? ("read the manual"!) That's almost as funny as the Yellows getting yellower.

:lol: :lol:

I never read manuals. But I was just visualising some discrete detail like 'to remove the lid make sure to turn the....' hiding in the book somewhere. I only found the air lock release on my Jebo externals 2 years after buying my first one, could've saved lots of water on the carpet with those!

Not sure if any given manual could help get a lid off an external filter if there is a tight fit fault...

:lol:

Anyway.. how did you get on farmchick? Did you give it a bit of Jet Li or Jackie Chan treatment in the end? :wink:

HFF in Albany approached my dilemma with a great deal of decorum and finesse....................

A WHOPPING GREAT SCREWDRIVER :wink: :roll:

There was a fair bit of grunting and shoving and the odd bit of heaving (yes I am still talking about the filter lid and not the mosh pit at the local rave :lol: ) but the lid came off. YAY

Oh I'm kind of a little bit disappointed that it came off...

I have been following this thread with interest and visualising all the crazy contortions FarmChick would have to go through if she followed all your suggestions... meanwhile her fishies are over there laughing at her...

Oh I'm kind of a little bit disappointed that it came off...

I have been following this thread with interest and visualising all the crazy contortions FarmChick would have to go through if she followed all your suggestions... meanwhile her fishies are over there laughing at her...

haha, Im kinda disappointed as well, not that it came off but that they attacked it with a screwdriver with less finesse than I did :wink:

Its okay, my yellows dont laugh anymore. If they look like they are about to, I just tape a picture of a toilet bowl to the tank :lol:

farmchick wrote:

Obviously its an Airlock that rivals the freakin cabin door on a Boeing 747

HFF in Albany approached my dilemma with a great deal of decorum and finesse....................

A WHOPPING GREAT SCREWDRIVER

:lol: :lol: :lol: AND the fish watching you...hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh,

Caper