why do my guppies and neons hide if the light is on??

fishoe

all my fish hide :o my guppies hide at the top ive got 2 males and 2 females :cry: i have a aqua 1 ar380 tank water is clear ph is 7 and my blue neons hide at the bottom corner but when the light is off the neons come out for a short time

can any one help out with this :bow:

I agree might just take some settling into their new surroundings. Although, my barbs aren't fussy for the lights on they seem to be more at the top/mid section when the the light is off.

Let us know how it goes!

Caper

Also they might not be used to the bright light. They should get used to it with time (say a few days or a week).

Some other tips are to make sure the light is on for a few hours each day and try feeding during the day or with light behind you. If the room is dark and the light is on then the fish don't see you until you're right at the glass and it usually scares the bajebus out of the poor guys.

the tanks been going for 2 weeks and had fish for 1 week

Welcome fishoe.

My guess is you will have an immature filter and it's new surroundings for the fish so they're not too comfortable. Give things some time, keep your eyes on the Ammonia and Nitrite, do the necessary water changes and things will settle with time.

JMO. :D

• 1 month later...