Dying eheim filter ?

Dubbo

I have an eheim pro 2 filter that has a lot of problem trying to start. It doesn't shut itself down or anything, but everytime I take it apart to clean out the canister, it wouldn't start, I get a humming noise coming from the pump, nothing more, if I take the impeller apart and put it back again, then it may start, may not. Anyone else had similar problem ? I don't see any blockages in the impeller, only thing I can think of is a busted motor ?

may be airlock,

also check that impeller is not loose on shaft

ie: it should lockup turning one way

helped a lady one day to fix her pump

went to house and found she had the inlet out of water and outlet vice versa

if you want to bring it over i can have a look at it for you, also have spare canisters to use if needed

The o ring in my canisters were worn out and so I don't think they fit perfectly well, could that be a problem ? I didn't think it would have anything to do with the pump.

The pump head should still operate (the motor and impeller running) even if not attached to the canister right ?

The o ring in my canisters were worn out and so I don't think they fit perfectly well, could that be a problem ? I didn't think it would have anything to do with the pump. put vaseline on o rings then reseal should help

The pump head should still operate (the motor and impeller running) even if not attached to the canister right ? Correct

I think the air lock thing might be the issue,

I will try see if I can get it sorted out next time I do a maintenance, otherwise I'd like to call you livingart if I am not having much luck if that's ok, thanks for the help all.