Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Driftwood moved

Featured Replies

I was feeding my 4 Japanese fire bellied newts this morning and had got used to small black bits of driftwood sitting on the bottom but today one moved and when I had finished demolishing the place I had 58 babies of various sizes. How good is that? I was hoping they would breed in the Spring but obviously they couldn't wait.

Sweet :hail::bow:

  • Author

I have put them in another tank (good excuse ) with a large rock in it and a bare bottom so I can feed them up and they can come out of the water when they metamorphose. Since then I have only briefly seen one. They are all under the rock and I have yet to buy a round the corner camera.

Well done :bow: . I've just had my first baby hatch for this season but mine are the Chinese variety. Lovely to see some being bred in the South Island as there's not many down there.

Rebecca

  • Author

I can't claim to have done much. I planted the water area out heavily just in case and it paid off. They range in size from small tadpoles to fully developed legs so either they grow at different rates or there was a number of different lots of eggs. How inclined are the adults to eat the young or the big offspring to eat the small? There doesn't seem to be limbs missing like you get with axis.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.