Hutt pets

mumzy50

so when youre not impressed with a shops service you say the sales staff, im not impressed with how long you ignored me for?

Or you could be a little bit more objective about it and talk to the management, send them an email or write a letter. There's nothing worse than people who complain about something but never bother to try to fix it. Seems to be too many people like that now...

so when youre not impressed with a shops service you say the sales staff, im not impressed with how long you ignored me for?

This is not the place to say what you said. I wouldn't dis a business on a forum like this.

If I was in a shop and hadn't got served in good time, I would make sure I said something to them at the time.

Just so I have this straight, and I'm in no way implying anything about Hutt pets (which is a great shop) or any other shop or person, but what your saying is I could be ripped off blind, given the worst advice, horrified at how I've been treated, ignored, sold substandard stock, etc, and I shouldn't say a thing because it's a public forum. But if a shop or person just does what I think I should be able to expect like provide good service I should go out of my way to post compliments about them?

I think the suggestion was that bad service should be dealt with at the source - by speaking to the Manager, sending an email or letter, and that it would be good if we did the same thing when we receive excellent service.

But if we did post about good service then we would increase the custom for that shop and decrease the custom for the others. It's like raising kids - ignore the good behaviour and praise the behaviour you want :D:D:D

Just so I have this straight, and I'm in no way implying anything about Hutt pets (which is a great shop) or any other shop or person, but what your saying is I could be ripped off blind, given the worst advice, horrified at how I've been treated, ignored, sold substandard stock, etc, and I shouldn't say a thing because it's a public forum. But if a shop or person just does what I think I should be able to expect like provide good service I should go out of my way to post compliments about them?

Exactly, there's the Police, disputes tribunal, lawyers and debt collectors to sort this type of thing out. If it's poor advice then complain directly to the shop or person who caused the problem. Airing your views in public does not accomplish anything. It may also damage someone else's reputation due to improper facts.

If the system fails you or the shop or person ignores you or has a poor response then maybe it can be discussed, but not before all other avenues are exhausted. If it is discussed it should only be for advice on how to solve the problem with no names given.

There are proper processes for solving almost any issue or dispute and public forums are not part of the process. All it does it start a slagging match. Take any comments you have directly to the problem, do not air them here.

Vindy500 you have not done any thing wrong.You just stated an opinion,you did not dis the shop.And yes it is a public forum where we should be able to have an opinion,with out the worry of a pick session starting up.

Yes, and one of those is ensuring that people are well informed. Which allowing only positive comments does not encourage.

Except recent history (in fact all history) about "informing people well" on this site has led to a problem. No negative or potentially slanderous comments are to be made as people just don't seem to be able to control themselves.

A lot, maybe most people aren't comfortable approaching a shop manager (if it is even possible to find them) to complain, I know that I'm not, so I don't really see this as a valid option. Plus in shop situation they have probably been told it many times before and ignored it.

I make my feeling felt about poor service in two way's, where I spend my money, and if I choose to recommend for or against a shop. Trademe is a public forum and even has a feed back process with smileys or sad-faces specifically so you can highlight poor service.

Maybe I should also have mentioned clubs and the FNZAS in my previous list. If you are not confident about the service from any shop you can contact your local club (as the first port of call) or the FNZAS who will handle your complaint on your behalf. I have no problem discussing poor service or products with the vendor. It's not something to be feared. In most cases I find it was a one-off instance. Had I publicly announced the issue then the vendor would have gotten a bad rap for a one-off or a bad day. Everyone stuffs up from time to time, - at least give them a chance to explain or fix it before making it public. If you don't want to do it then contact us to do it for you. Take action before using a public forum - don't take the easy way out, minimum effort for maximum slander to potentially innocent people.

A classic example recently was a question about a product recall. I contacted the NZ Distributor on the persons behalf and posted their response. It was a cut and paste of the distributors direct reply. There was no chance of incorrect facts or people adding their 2c worth without first checking. All sorted. Making wild statements without first checking what was going on is like throwing rock in a glass-house - pretty quickly you're going to break the glass...

So, in the future, before you go and post some comment because you felt you got poor service, or got ripped off, at least contact the person/manager, contact the police, a lawyer, the disputes tribunal, your local club or even us to see if there is an explanation before taking it public. To do otherwise is shear laziness and potentially very damaging to other innocent parties.

All this becuase someone said (in their opinion) that they weren't happy with the service at one shop... If you can't say it here - at a public forum - where can you say it? I think it might be that Sarah has some affiliation with the store. . .

Ah well, you can't help what some people think regardless of their position, yeah?