Hutt pets

mumzy50

All this becuase someone said (in their opinion) that they weren't happy with the service at one shop... If you can't say it here - at a public forum - where can you say it? I think it might be that Sarah has some affiliation with the store. . .

Ah well, you can't help what some people think regardless of their position, yeah?

Actually, another case of not having your facts correct. This has happened several times in the last few days in different topic groups - people expressing their opinion without first checking the issue out properly. This comment is also a classic example of part of the problem...

Could I say that you lean too far to the right, Warren, or is that non PC, slanderous and inaccurate?

Don't see it either left or right John. I see it as very simple common-sense. People need to get their facts right and at least make the effort to contact the people causing the issue before posting any personal comment publicly - common sense...

Can't see why this is so difficult for people to understand.

To do otherwise causes trouble.

Probably best to talk to us first. The FNZAS has a bit more weight. If we can't sort it out for you then we're likely to make a statement of some sort. At least if we make the statement (by committee) then we only have ourselves to answer to...

We're here to support the hobby and if members are getting a bum-deal then we want to help sort it if other avenues haven't worked. We have help members out on the odd occasion in the past.

ive never been terribly impressed by there service, nice fish tho

I started this post as in the past this shop has had problems,and i noticed a great improvement.I spoke to Chris yesterday about the problems and my opion of the shop in the past,and told him how impressed i was,and just wanted to let people on here know.Vindy500 was just exspresing her own experince and i dont see any thing wrong with that.I wish i never started this post.

I'm sorry it's come to this. I guess this thread was really the last straw. This thread wasn't so bad compared to some of the other recent ones.

However, for better or worse, I chose to use this one to try to put an end to comments made that may or may not be justified. It was not intended as an attack on this thread specifically. I hope people can see fit to take a little more time and effort to resolve issues prior to posting in the future.

I started this post as in the past this shop has had problems,and i noticed a great improvement.I spoke to Chris yesterday about the problems and my opion of the shop in the past,and told him how impressed i was,and just wanted to let people on here know.Vindy500 was just exspresing her own experince and i dont see any thing wrong with that.I wish i never started this post.

And I wish that I'd never commented.

I haven't been in there for a while - no need really.

Hutt Pets used to be the PLACE TO GO when visiting Wellington years and years ago, but due to a number of reasons It's rep fell a way big time.

However it has been improving a lot over the past few years.

But even then I've had problems, mainly things like part time staff not knowing what they're doing - chasing fish around the tank in vain effort to catch them.

I fixed that one real fast - quit bluntly!, I then offered to show them the correct way to prove my point - Hopefully it worked but I never saw that employee again.

I know 2 of the main guys there and they're hobbyists just like us.

They know there stuff and are just the type of people we would want to run a fish shop..... RESPONSIBLE, not just after a quick sale and stuff the consequences!