Help odd goings on.

Mad Whip

Hi all. I have a real curve ball for you all. I'm stumped. I bought a huge female about 230mm Bumble bee Pseudotropheus crabro lastnight. I put her into my Mbuna tank during feeding time after shifting pots then turned the lights out. She looked fine this morning when I was feeding. I just got home from work to find her bailed up in the corner buy 3 small 80mm crabros I think they are female. They have done a fair bit of damage. I have put her into a breeding tank to try and save her. But she is ment for the main Mbuna tank. The adult male crabros didn't seem to worry her nor did the other adult female crabros or any other fish. All the other crabros I have raised myself. Do they just hate her because she is from a different family? I just find it odd that the smallest fish in the tank are picking on the biggest. Any ideas how I can stop this?

Ah the joys of africans..

As you have done the main things to help out - rearranged the tank, fed, turned lights out etc the only other thing to try is to take out the offending fish and let her establish herself and settle before reintroducing them.. She is the biggest but she is probably scared half to death and being dumped in a new tank she hasn't got the balls to stand up to the others yet..