Bio security link

Hi I am not sure if I am allowed to postthis link that I got from Bio security it enables anyone who is interested to input a specific plant and check it against their database to see if it is available in New Zealand or whether it is allowed into the country... I apologise in advance if it is not allowed thanks..

Gabe

http://www1.maf.govt.nz/cgi-bin/bioindex/bioindex.pl

- if it doesnt work just copy and paste into search engine and try it that way? good luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are plants which may be imported but not many people prepared to import them. It has always surprised me the few people who are interested in plants. Most people wish to go down the pet shop and buy plants that have been grown emersed. many of which will be difficult to convert to submersed growth and from shops that have no knowledge of what they are selling other than the price. As my friend who supplies many shops says. "If that is what the punters want--that is what they get." There are three people in Christchurch I know of who have imported plants in the past and none do now.

There are three people in Christchurch I know of who have imported plants in the past and none do now.

Interesting Alan.. pity too.. you see some amazing plants on the net eg plantedtank.net and the planted tank comps.. still we have a lot of nice ones in NZ