Drawf Gournami

newfisher

Hi all

Two weeks ago I brough 2 lovely metelic blue gournamis. They are very entertaining. The pet shop told me hey were both boys. I notice one has been building a nest and is quite bossy to the other fish.

Should I get a couple of girls to keep them company. I don't want to breed them. I have a planted tank the these two and 9 neons abd a bn. Was looking at getting 2 Platys but if the DG's need female company to keep them happy will get them instead.

Any advise? :bow:

Yay get females! they're browny grey colour but I think they're cute. Odd that your males are building a bubble nest with no females, though he could just be excited about his new surroundings or your temperature is higher than hes used to and he thinks its breeding season.

But bubble nests are fun :bounce:

That is all.

Thanks. This fish thing is addictive need bigger tank so I can have more DG's as they are cool. Family think I'm mad as I sit watching them instead of the telly.

Maybe when I get a bigger one I'll add a couple of girls.

Also my one BN does he need another to keep him company? He seems happy and is often exploring the tank when not hiding under the log.

:D