Stars n Stripes Puffer and mates - Pics

Afrikan

Thought I would download some pics of my baby in this section, as I reckon he and his mates are unusual enough :lol: They are in a holding tank in the fish shed, till they come inside in a couple of months :D 8)

Here is a pic of Puff Daddy and his crew...

Puff Daddy

P1050557.jpg

P1050565.jpg

P1050571.jpg

Niger Trigger... Snoop

P1050569.jpg

P1050552.jpg

Eric - Koran Angel

P1050572.jpg

Thanks guys..

livingart, you may want to make it a midnight raid... my dog is often outside during the day but tuckered out inside at night :lol: Just a tip :lol: 8)

The stars and stripes gets to around 51cm in the wild but about half that in captivity... have seen bigger than 25cm in captivity tho, so guess all depends on the fish and feeding. They are wicked to keep, those nashers are deadly tho :lol:

It all depends on what species of puffer you want to keep tinytawnykitten... and how big your tank is, you would need a pretty large tank to house two stars n stripes, they can be territorial and snappy over food 8)

Gannet - This is the species we have Arothron hispidus... :D

tinytawnykitten - We used to have freshwater puffers, little Dwarf Indian Puffers, they were great :D They were definate freshwater species. Haven't seen them come into the country since 8)

henward - Yes he is in saltwater, and yeap that is a young Niger Triggerfish with him, he's just awesome too :D

livingart, you may want to make it a midnight raid... my dog is often outside during the day but tuckered out inside at night Just a tip

if i was really coming i would bring our dogs with us

no i would just bring aslan :D

this is rolf, the dog face puffer

pufferdogfacce1mo4.jpg

Ohhh so that was Brock that we saw when we visited your park years ago? I went through my old honeymoon photos and we have a pic of him and the animals at the park :D He was so beautiful. Bet Aslan is just as gorgeous.

Love the puffers name :lol:

Ohhh so that was Brock that we saw when we visited your park years ago? I went through my old honeymoon photos and we have a pic of him and the animals at the park :D He was so beautiful. Bet Aslan is just as gorgeous.

Love the puffers name :lol:

i know its off topic, could say its another dog faced puffer though :D

but this is brocks grandson, Simba - Swahili for lion

simba30wa4.jpg

Wow, what an awesome fish! I saw one at the LFS recently and was amazed at how much character it had, one smart fish. To me, the gills look like mutant ears, giving it a weird floating head look - I mean that in the nicest possible way :D