hey ya

Lush

Yeah as Ryan said :) I certainly wouldn't for anything smaller than that, the whole 2 ft idea that others have come up with, I wouldn't ever recommend keeping them in a tank that size long term... they are very highly aggressive (males will quite happily cruise around the tank popping every male that happens to feature... if they choose)... Make sure there are HEAPS of nooks and crannies, you can never have too many ;)

Yeah as Ryan said :) I certainly wouldn't for anything smaller than that, the whole 2 ft idea that others have come up with, I wouldn't ever recommend keeping them in a tank that size long term... they are very highly aggressive (males will quite happily cruise around the tank popping every male that happens to feature... if they choose)... Make sure there are HEAPS of nooks and crannies, you can never have too many ;)

thanks african, i will def make sure there is heaps of nooks n crannies, also i do plan on getting a bigger tank in the future, since this will be my 1st cichlid experience i dont want to invest in a bigger tank til i get the hang of the whole cichlid keeping thing.

oh just remembered i have a question bout filration, is a hang on the tank filter good enuf to use along with a in tank filter? or is a external filter a must have? or could i get that at a later stage.

You can use an internal and a hang on the back together if you like... you never can have too much in the way of filtration, especially with african tanks, and with species that do better overstocked than understocked... well it pays to have more filtration... Personally a external canister would be great, however, you could get that later on down the track.

Hang on the back filters and internals work well I use them in alot of my smaller tanks, but externals are the best :) As long as you have a filter and keep up with maintenace you should be fine :)

Lush I have sent you a PM if you look up the top you will see you have a new message :)

Hang on the back filters and internals work well I use them in alot of my smaller tanks, but externals are the best :) As long as you have a filter and keep up with maintenace you should be fine :)

Lush I have sent you a PM if you look up the top you will see you have a new message :)

cool thanks for that, was wondering where and how to pm lol, have replied