hey ya

Lush

hey i'm new to this forum thingy, but have had tropical fish for years now, however i am currently in the process of setting up a african cichlid tank which i'm quite excited about and also still learning, cichlids is a new venture for me, needed a change.

hi, yeah any help and advice would be great. i'm thinking electric yellows for definite as i love the colour, not to sure on what else i want to get. i want nice bold colours lol, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i've read quite a few books, but guess i'll learn more once tank is sorted. how long should i cycle before adding fish would a week be long enough, i'm pretty impatient lol and sick of looking at tank with rocks etc and no colour.

Welcome you won't go wrong with the africans :)

Make sure you do your research and ask questions before you stock your tank as some fish don't live together well and may not be suited to the size tank you want :) Feel free to post in the cichlid section or browse it to get some ideas..

awesome thanks guys, i'll go check out the cichlid section and post any questions and stuff in there. i plan on doing as much research as i can before i stock tank, yellows will be going in next week tho, yay tank will finally have sum colour

aw really, are there lots we cant get in nz, dam thats a shame.

yeah i would love sum dem's, what are they worth? dam i have to remember to quote lol do they usually do beta in a group of say 10 or so?

These guys are the ones I'll be be buying any fish from when I go African, they are good breeders, and they want to keep their Rep :wink:

thats great to hear, i have seen that many people have got fish off them, so i am definitly keen

That tank should be fine for them I wouldn't stick them in anything smaller than that.. I have heard of people sticking them in 2ft's apparently so that they don't have enough room to get aggressive but not too keen on that idea..

And you need to get at least 12 more if avaliable and you can afford it..

That tank should be fine for them I wouldn't stick them in anything smaller than that.. I have heard of people sticking them in 2ft's apparently so that they don't have enough room to get aggressive but not too keen on that idea..

And you need to get at least 12 more if avaliable and you can afford it..

thanks ryan, can u give me and idea of how much they are worth? as i am pretty keen to get sum maybe in the next week or so, if i can find em lol