Some photo's from my move down South

Driving from Auckland to Hokitika in two days is hellish. I have to recommend no one else does it. Lol. The drive from Auckland to Wellington was nasty. I left later than anticipated, at 4.30am, and it was rainy, foggy, and rainy almost the whole way. I got stuck in traffic at Paekakariki from that truck accident. Then I got lost in Tawa.

After a good sleep the ferry ride was great. Rough out from the harbour for about 40 minutes, then calm and sunny. The drive from Blenheim down through the Buller gorge was so cool. I have never been south of St Arnaud. It was a challenge to concentrate on driving those long straights with all the gorgeous scenery.

I got to Greymouth as the sun set. All the snow capped mountains were glowing pink.

The first night in the house was nasty. Half the fuses were off so not all the lights worked. I had to set up my fish bins in the dark. It felt like -40*C. The gas was switched off. So I went to bed with my kitten. In the morning there was frost on the inside of the windows.

The fish survived the trip well. But I lost 20 because of the water change, and too much copper in the water. I have copper remover in my canister's now and all is well.

It took a week for the radiators to be connected. Two weeks for the internet and phone to be connected. But at least the huge fire heats everything up wickedly.

IMG_0664a.jpg

IMG_0693a.jpg

IMG_0703a.jpg

IMG_0729a.jpg

IMG_0734d.jpg

IMG_0737b.jpg

IMG_0746c.jpg

IMG_0743c.jpg

IMG_0768c.jpg

IMG_0787b.jpg

IMG_0799b.jpg

Nice photos vince. :D

Looking foward to the new photos of your tanks. :lol:

Thanks.

My 80g tank is set up with all my plants and the fish. It looks a bit messy. I am setting up my 60 this weekend and transferring some plants. I will get some fish for the second tank when ever I make it over to Christchurch. Maybe in a month.

I will take a couple of photo's of the tanks over the weekend.

Awwww! Its only a lil town! lol! :oops: :lol:

Glad all is going well, and wat great photos! Very Stunning! :D

Yeah if I hadn't been so tired..... Great all the fish are good!

and Thanks Wilson. The South is awesome.

What is with the cops always on speed patrol though. It seems all of them are out to catch you 30 kms around every town. Is there that little crime that the only thing they can do is sit around all day harassing people??? lol

Hoki is nice just watch out for pissed local at night they get a bit tribal. What will you be doing for work in Hoki. The sawmill 5 min south is always looking and the Poo pub is great when the bus is there. If you want info on what’s going on talk to Kelv at the F&C shop in town "Porkies"

So we can call you another bloody inbred coast know then?

Nah mate cant call him a coaster as he wasnt born there.

LOl I am form Greymouth mate and that was ...well ..interesting..family has been there for 5 generations...lol

Yeah the Pu pub is good and watching out for the feral local is good advice..esp in Hoki.

Hell when I go home I double the gene pool and I was born there...lol

Cool place to get natives tho.

Pity no pet shops of worth....no offense meant

and if you get to teh other side of the hill look us up and I can help you wif plants and such

Navarre

Hoki is nice just watch out for pissed local at night they get a bit tribal. What will you be doing for work in Hoki. The sawmill 5 min south is always looking and the Poo pub is great when the bus is there. If you want info on what’s going on talk to Kelv at the F&C shop in town "Porkies"

So we can call you another bloody inbred coast know then?

true true i have scars to prove that , but dont let that put u off u will become local in no time in general the people are very friendly and its like with everything a few idiots can spoil it 4 the rest , i lived in greymouth 4 a year my dad lives in barrytown atm its a great lifestyle a lil different to the rest of nz . 0nly real downside is i cant think of ane petshops at all on the whole west coast! i guess that means u will be visiting us folks in chch a lot