May 12, 200818 yr comment_234422 I notice that one of my fish is loosing its colour and a couple of days ago it was swimming tail up. It seems now to be swimming on its side more. I did try and catch it to issolate it but man could it move!! I have read through the forums and can't find anything to describe this. I went to the lfs and enquired what it could be. Was told to try tonic salt rather than anything else as it could be a swim bladder problem. All the other fish in the tank are fine. This morning she is still alive but don't expect her to be there this afternoon. I do regular water changes etc. The tank is well planted. Good lighting. Any ideas please? Report
May 12, 200818 yr comment_234426 We'd need to know what sort of fish this is and preferably a pic, but in all probability it is just a case of natural attrition. Fish don't live forever, and some just give up the ghost despite being in good conditions. I wouldn't bother with the tonic salt if it is the only sick fish in the tank. Report
May 13, 200818 yr Author comment_234442 I have only had the fish for about 3 weeks. Got 2 of them as they looked neat. From the pics i can find it looks like a Serpae Tetra Report
May 13, 200818 yr Author comment_234474 No it doesn't. Swims round in the tank. At first it was head down and finding it hard to get to the correct swimming position. Now seems to flop on its side and has trouble getting upright. No longer a beautiful orange colour. The colour seems to have all drained away.More of a grey colour now Report
May 13, 200818 yr Author comment_234516 She is still with us. Will see if I can get a pic of her to post. Not sure what to do. Just let nature take its course? Was watching her now and yes she does seem to be going round in circles now around the back of the tank Report
May 17, 200818 yr comment_235428 More information would be a help but you could try feeding some crushed up peas in case it's gas in the bowels. My Tiger Barbs get a little bloated every now and again because they swallow too much air during their feeding frenzies. Greens help them to pass it out the other end. Report
May 18, 200818 yr Author comment_235474 Well she is no longer with us and decided that she needed to *see the inner workings of the filter* and died. Yes i do feed mine peas about once a week along with blood worms,Flake food, and tubifix worms. So they do have a varied diet. Could be just one of those things that happen. Did a 50% water change today. No others in the tank are sick so all good Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.