Newt pics

IMG_1904.jpg

would it be better to remove the plant?

so they spend more time in the water there are lots of daphnia in the water and a few fruit flies on the plant and island not a lot thought accidentally opened he package the wrong way and squashed most of the fruit flies so the rest are keepers till they produce more to feed out

they have sopped climbing the wall now and just chill out on the island or plant but still hesitant to venture into the water and sit in there to eat

bit of a strange one that,have seen them for what I thought horrendous prices ($90 for a minute little thing) to having people trying to give me some.There seems to be a shortage of females what I can gather LA will be more informative?

Small newts also like aphids when in season. I have a thin layer of gravel in the bottom of my tank as it seems to make it easier for them to get around, they got something to grip, mine were not so keen on glass bottom. The water in mine is about 4-5cm deep and I usually change about half the water each week. :bounce: :bounce:

P1010028.jpg

Male japanese newt

P1010027.jpg

Male (top) and two females

P1010026.jpg

Japanese newt (top) and chinese newt (bottom)

P1010035.jpg

All my newts. Chinese ones at the top.

P1010037.jpg

Newt tank. Not a diplay tank. More for breeding.

Newts like plant life in tank to lay eggs on. Adult one are also useful in eating cabbage caterpilars.