RCD IN THE MANAWATU

shadowfax

Yup safe to eat Rabbits out of an area with RCD.

Best though in my opinon to check and if animal has sores or looks sick then dont.

But general rule of thumb down here is if its healthy enuff for you to see it to shoot it then its healthy enuff to eat it.

HTH

Navarre

you generally wont know your rabbit has it untill its dead, they are at the bottom of the food chain & will do there best to act normal untill they are completely stuffed. they dont have sores or other noticeable signs, the maf webite is good for the basics but other than that its completely out of date.

i have had a pet rabbit die of rcd the breeder i got her off lost 60+ rabbits in a month, it is in CHCH but more so nth canterbury , just a thort though if ur rabbit gets it stay away from people u know have rabbits and also the local pet store(or at least the rabbit part in there) . its highly contagious even though it has no effect on humans we can carry it 4 around 3 months also insects , bedding , furniture we had to disinfect everything so our other rabbit didnt catch it. i recommend vaccination also this will prevent against the main strain of RCD it will do little against the newer variations tho

have had a pet rabbit die of rcd the breeder i got her off lost 60+ rabbits in a month, it is in CHCH but more so nth canterbury , just a thort though if ur rabbit gets it stay away from people u know have rabbits and also the local pet store(or at least the rabbit part in there) . its highly contagious even though it has no effect on humans we can carry it 4 around 3 months also insects , bedding , furniture we had to disinfect everything so our other rabbit didnt catch it. i recommend vaccination also this will prevent against the main strain of RCD it will do little against the newer variations tho

i have a feeling it was brought onto my place by a lady & her 2 kids, my own fault, i should have asked her more questions. some people just lie anyway tho.