F & P

shadowfax

Hell no!!!!!!!!!!

Far from it

Simpson is part of the electrolux homeproducts family.

Simpson, westinghouse and electrolux brands.Australian made.

Although the ovens were made in Christchurch until about 4 years ago.

Far more reliable, I would say that seems as i sell them,lol

I managed to destroy an Electorlux vaccum cleaner when I was.. 8?

Someone back then was doing a really cool deal - Bring in your broken Electrolux, and get one _uber_ cheap.

I have that vaccum cleaner sitting in the hall closet, still going strong.

Our washing machine (F&P SmartDrive)... Well, it hasn't broken, but gets blocked on nothing... :/

Our westinghouse oven window exploded a couple months ago with no good reason, i was heating it to 180 rapid heat,it was only at 150 and the inside glass exploded-it came out the sides and top of oven door and went all over the floor of the kitchen :-?

And we have had nothing but triuble with our simpson dishwasher. :evil:

Just went to check our appliances... And I was surprised.. Figured we'd have more F & P stuff than we did. Our dishwasher and washing machine are Electrolux - Dishwasher is a bit of a pain but the washing machine is fine. The fridge and oven are Westinghouse (fine) and the dryer is F & P which is o.k. but does get a little screwy sometimes..

I had no idea what brand my appliances were either :-?

Dishwasher and washing machine are both F&P but they were given to me, I didn't choose them.

Fridge is a Simpson (how appropriate) and oven is a Westinghouse. Induction hob is Thermor. Not had trouble with any of them. The dishwasher is over 10 yrs old, the washing machine would be about 5yrs. Oven and hob were new with the kitchen - about 7 yrs I think.

I (along with my partner) unfortunately am 1 of the 430 jobs getting axed from f&p. We are 1 of many couples that are going to be out of a job by christmas time. They are saying we can leave now and get another job but will not give us redundancy (we have to stay until we are told there is no more work to be eligable for it).

Thanks we are over it, we don't have a family yet which is good because it is going to be hard for the couples there that do have young family's.

430 ppl plus the 50 from tamahine that lost their jobs the same day looking for job's in little old dunedin, it's going to be hard for alot of ppl.

The way they have handled this is completely f**ked. Trying to blame the FTA and never once consulting the union on their decision.

Don't take this personally or anything, I really feel for you losing your job, but why should a privately owned company have to consult with 'the union' over where it does business?

At the end of the day F&P are just doing what the NZ consumer does, taking their business to whoever can offer the lowest price.

Don't take this personally or anything, I really feel for you losing your job, but why should a privately owned company have to consult with 'the union' over where it does business?

At the end of the day F&P are just doing what the NZ consumer does, taking their business to whoever can offer the lowest price.

I understand where you are coming from fully.

It's going to get harder for manufacturing company's in NZ.

Im over it.