HELP i have a heater set up at 22 degrees and

Cookieskennels

no light due to it being in a very light place, a filter and a air pump.

there is gold fish in the tank and 2 golden bristlenoses coming 2moro morning so want the tank to be warm enuft for them. but also want the gold fish to be happy to....and whats the highest temp goldfish will be happy.

Gold fish are cold water fish, I tried it once with bn's and goldfish and the golds got unhappy and ended up loseing a couple so i guess thats why gold fish are cold water and tropical are warm. plus I think gold fish carry bugs but could bewrong

I think also the goldfish will be more prone to disease through stress if they are kept at a temp that isnt normally comfortable for them, hence a shorter lifespan, to be honest I would recommend that you get another tank for the bristlenoses and not have the worry :D

keep the cold cold and the warm warm :P

:)

i think anething under25 would be fine (dont qoute me on this but higher temps may mean higher metabolism, shorter lifespan?) when i move my goldfish go in with my tropicals as i get 1 tank setup then put all the fish in there then set the other up and put the tropicals back then take the heater out, my goldfish tank gets up to 23c in the summer aneway more if the curtains open, also u c plenty of shallow garden ponds around in full sun (normally coated with green algae!) these must reach a reasonable temp during the day

Hi

I have goldfish in a cold water tank that gets up to 25 sometimes in the hight of summer. My goldfish seem just as happy in the warmer temps, however I do try and bring those temps down using ice packs when it gets above 22-23.

Goldfish are usually more active warmer temperatures, and also eat more, which means they produce more waste, so you have to be very diligent about keeping the water quality good and doing heaps of changes.

Because goldfish are a cold water species, they tend to thrive better in cooler temperatures, but they are also very good at acclimatising as long as the there aren't sudden drastic changes in temperature.

Something esle to bear in mind is that there is less dissolved oxygen in warmer water, so you'd need to makre sure the tank is not overcrowded in the first place, and ensure there is lots of aeration as well. Just keep an eye out for yawning and hovering at the surface for air. :)

I knew of one lady that had her goldfish in a heated tank wit trops including bristlenose and ther temp was 26c they seemed to handle it and the growth was extremely quick! they reached adult size within a year! but would expect to reduce life expectancy dramitically!

It's not how many years are in your life, but how much life is in your years...

I have a heater, ebo-jager, that I just took out of one of my tanks last week. The heat light comes on like you'd expect, but no heat. Measured both on a watt meter and by pulling it out and holding the glass. Didn't even get warm.