HELP with Aquarium World please

Caryl

I am having a tougher time than usual thinking of articles for the next magazine. Anyone willing to send me something? I have 26 pages left to fill and am having a blank attack :cry:

There are lots of you on here breeding fish, setting up tanks, growing plants, building DIY stuff, backgrounds etc. How about writing an article about it for me? Anyone whose article gets used gets a free copy of the magazine (assuming they do not already do so) and the excitement of seeing their name is an internationally read magazine! Pics are good too.

Nobody is expecting it to be perfect - that is what the editor is for - to correct stuff. The Aquarium World is FOR hobbyists, BY hobbyists so please have a think. Even if it is something short I can use as a filler, anything would be appreciated.

So far I have an interesting reply to fishy_t's article in the last magazine re the results of fish keeping on wild fish populations, an article on dropsy (thanks billaney), a perch egg exporting article (thanks Dave) and a bit from NIWA on the impact of ocean acidification.

Blue, can you do something on worms? I remember you commenting you thought one of the pics in the last magazine was not of planaria, as stated. How about something on the worms you think they actually were (was it flat worms?)

Stella, have you time for something on native fish? I know you are busy but I'm asking anyway 8) . It's your own fault for getting others more interested in native fish.

Come on all of you - HELP PLEASE :bow:

I saw the plea and was about to hit reply (while skimming your post) then saw my name.... :oops:

I will start the photo essay of bully species NOW. Should be easy to do and fill a few pages. There are five species, I will crop a few photos and do some captions. Will later do galaxiids then misc...... ;)

You do a great job with the magazine Caryl, and helped me out tremendously with reading over my book, only too happy to help you out :):bow:

Needed ASAP but any that are not used for the May edition can be used in the August one. Sometimes I will have 2 articles on a similar subject so they need to be separated.

Each magazine I try to have at least 1 of each of the following subjects;

coldwater

tropical

marine

food

plant

disease

Thankyou Stella. I shouldn't have named anyone specifically I guess, I got carried away :roll:

firefish all would be appreciated.

ok, I have run up a quick article. I sent to to Andrew several hours ago to read over but haven't heard back (shocking! ;) ) Will just send it on to you. It was thrown together very quickly and is horrible having to be brief (what do I leave out??!?!) but will definitely fill a page or three....

Am trying to get Andrew to do an article on the native fish hunt we did.

Did you see my post about emailing the finished article to me? (it was being added to and altered as more information came in). Never got an email from you. Is what is there now what you want to finish with? If so, I am happy to use it. Any pics to go with it? 8)

Just any time is fine Luke. As I said, it is an ongoing problem so if it is too late for one issue it can always go in the next.

I currently have one from someone who has bred their GBA's (Bella and Edward :lol: )

Anyone able to produce something marine? :hail:

Many thanks to those who heard my plea and sent articles.

If anyone also has any ideas or a subject they would like to see in the mag, let's hear it too. Perhaps someone will produce articles on them for us :wink: