Aquarium documentary

kiwiplymouth

There was an interesting one on Animal Planet about the Water Dragons... Real strange things they are :)

The ones in question were a bit crook... and the woman was treating them with some sort of copper solution and "FRESH" water baths.

With the treatment concluded... she released it back into the tank and it became amost invisible as it mingled in with the plant life and surroundings.

National Geographic often gets fishy ones on... and the MYTHBUSTERS were on last week trying to prove that the goldfish had more than a three second memory.

One group of fish... (Jamie's I think)... did real well and learned how to negotiate a quite complex maze to get to their food... whereas the other group were not that impressive.

SKY is pretty good if you can cope with the 80% or so repeats that they put out each week... but all in all... it's worth the cost.

Bill.

That was a cool documentary.

The Maf guy said pacu was allowed in. I am sure i have not seen it on the list.

The maf guy is a very nice person, left some time ago. unlike the ones in wellington who are trying to close the Hobby

Watched and recorded the doco last night - it was good.

Do many clubs do the whole "Tank Crawl" thing? Not just for judging but just as a social club event? I'm still a novice and wouldn't want anyone coming in and critiquing my tank just yet, but it must be neat to go around and have a look at other peoples set ups, and share knowlegde over a coffee, and get a real look at other's tanks :bounce: Could be especially good for those of us still learning how to get photos on the site/web. :-? I know the local guys I have met have been very friendy and welcoming and I have had a nosey over their tanks :D :hail:Just a thought....