CatBrat's upgrade

CatBrat

Hey all,

Just thought I would post a few pic's of my upgrade, and update it as it goes along. Anyway the tank has had live rock and water in it for just over a week now, and seems to be settling really well. I moved a few of my hardier corals over, over the last few days, and they are all doing great. Anyway here are a few new pic's...

Resizefulltank250308.jpg

and a few of the corals...

Resizeric.jpg

Resizehairy.jpg

Resizegreenzoo.jpg

Resizeelegant.jpg

hope you enjoy...

Cheers, jake.

Well a few more updates...

Picked up my nice clean sump from Drifty :wink:

Resizesump2.jpg

Resizesump3.jpg

A few minutes of TLC and it scrubed up just like a bought one!!

Resizesump1.jpg

Will have another sump under this one, but Drifty and I managed to break the first one when we were emptying in.

Also added my first fish too, an Allen's Damsel...

ResizeNEONcopy.jpg

He just went in this arvo, so he hasn't coloured up fully, but in the shop this guy was stunning!

I have some more pic's which I can put up if anyone is interested...

Cheers, Jake.

Hey :) that looks simular to mine... I got Trent's (Drifty's brother) old one a few weeks ago... I also gave it a bit of TLC and a mod or 2 :wink: looking great now!! I have set it up as a frag tank, so when I have my 7 footer up and running I've got goodies to put in it :D :bounce:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, well not much to report really. Been pretty busy with work and stuff, so the tanks still running with half a sump, make shift lights, and not enought flow, but no one seems to complaining too much! Guess it helps that they are mostly softies in there. The coroline has really taken off, and is starting some pretty good spots on the glass.

Ithink im getting pretty good growth concidering, my monti has put a good 15mm all round on, the blue ridge has already attached itself to its rock, as have the star polys, and the zoo's have doubled in number. The only coral that isn't doing too well is my cataphillia. Not sure whats going on there, but it wont open up like it wat, and its generally not looking to healthy :? Have moved it, and it seems a lil happier. will see how it goes.

I moved the 3 fish from my 2' over (a bangii, a 6 line, and a baby Blue tang), and have added another Allens Damsel. They are all getting along so far.

Anyway, I have a few more pic's to share, somehow I forgot to take a full tank shot, but will try to get one up soon.

Resizeyellow.jpg

Resizecactus.jpg

Resizegreen1.jpg

Resizefrogspawn.jpg

Resizeseahare.jpg

And a couple of fish...

Resizebangii.jpg

This one has really coloured up since I added the second one.

Resizeneon1.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy...

Cheers, Jake.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys...

Just a quick update. Added a few new corals and also added a couple of new bits of live rock from my nano tank, now that the hair algea is finally gone out of there. Amazing what taking out the fish can do!!

Heres a full tank shot (There is also a 20cm toadstool leather in there, but decided to hide itself down the back!! :roll: bloody typical!)...

Resizefulltank18-5.jpg

And a few others...

Resize6line2.jpg

Resizebicol2.jpg

resizeBicol.jpg

Resizegreenzoo18-5.jpg

Resizeorangezoo18-5.jpg

Hope you enjoy...

Cheers, Jake.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

A couple of additions in the last week or so. Finally got some more live sand, so I have enought to cover more than half the bottom now!! Also got 4 new softies as well. And I added a pair of Perc's last night.

Anyway a couple of pic's...

a few of the corals sulking a bit cos I just finnished doing a water change...

Resizetank2-06.jpg

Resizeyawn.jpg

Resizexinia.jpg

Resizeric-1.jpg

Resize6line.jpg

Resizebengii.jpg

Resizebengii2.jpg

Hope you enjoy...

Cheers, Jake.

• 4 weeks later...